Navy Pier announces summer 2023 events including fireworks
Chicago Tribune March 16, 2023
(Tribune News Service) — Navy Pier on Thursday announced its summer calendar, including Chi-Soul Fest and the return of fireworks every Wednesday and Saturday all summer long.
• “Funtime Unicorn” ( April 13 to June 25): Four sculptures by artist Derrick Adams in partnership with EXPO Chicago. The installation will continue Adams’ focus on play and leisure in the Black community, according to the announcement, on display in Polk Bros Park.
• “State of Sound: A World of Music From Illinois” ( April 27 to Aug. 27): In partnership with the Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum in Springfield, showcasing Illinois bands and musicians from Muddy Waters to REO Speedwagon, Cheap Trick to Earth, Wind & Fire and Chance the Rapper.
• Mexico Fest ( May 5-7): Mercadito booths and performances celebrating the Mexican state of Jalisco, the birthplace of mariachi. In partnership with the Mexican Consulate’s celebration of “Mexico Week 2023.”
• Live on the Lake ( Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend): Live music in the Navy Pier Beer Garden.
• Summer fireworks ( Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend): Fireworks set to music every Wednesday and Saturday night.
• Skyline Sessions ( Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend): Live music from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. every Thursday and Friday at the Wave Wall Performance Platform.
• Wave Wall Wax ( Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend): Chicago DJs mix house and dance music every Saturday at 5 p.m. at the Wave Wall Performance Platform.
• Wave Wall Moves ( June 3 to Labor Day weekend): Live dance performance series presented in partnership with See Chicago Dance, with Chicago dance companies, ensembles and choreographers. Saturdays at 3 p.m. at the Wave Wall Performance Platform.
• Pier Fitness: Rush Hour Workouts and Sunset Yoga ( June 6 to Aug. 31): Exercise classes led by professional fitness instructors focusing on cardio at 6 p.m. and yoga at 7:30 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday at the City Stage in Polk Bros Park.
• Pier Dance (for June): Instruction in a new dance style every Wednesday at 6 p.m. at the Wave Wall Performance Platform.
• Chi-Soul Fest ( June 10-11): Celebrating Black Music Month with performances by Chicago Soul musicians in the Navy Pier Beer Garden, Wave Wall Performance Platform and Polk Bros Park.
• Navy Pier Pride ( June 24): Music, dance, storytelling and family activities celebrating the LGBTQIA+ community.
©2023 Chicago Tribune.
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.