Second soldier with Louisiana National Guard dies this week in noncombat incident supporting Operation Inherent Resolve
WASHINGTON — A second National Guard soldier from Louisiana died this week in a noncombat incident supporting Operation Inherent Resolve, the Defense Department announced Friday.
Spc. Joshua S. Robinson, a 22-year-old from Baton Rouge, La., died Thursday at Camp Buehring, Kuwait, as the result of an undisclosed noncombat-related incident that is under investigation, the Pentagon said in a statement.
Robinson was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 156th Infantry Regiment in Lake Charles, La.
The Pentagon announced Robinson's death Thursday but did not release his name until Friday after his next-of-kin had been notified.
Robinson was the second Louisiana Army National Guard soldier to die this week in separate noncombat-related incidents supporting Operation Inherent Resolve.
First Sgt. Casey J. Hart died Monday at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Md., as a result of a noncombat-related incident May 9 at the al-Tanf garrison in Syria, which is about 155 miles east of Damascus, according to a Defense Department statement Thursday.
Hart of Baton Rouge, La., was assigned to the Louisiana National Guard’s 256th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, according to the statement.
The incident that led to Hart’s death is also under investigation, the Pentagon said Thursday.