Shake off the monsoon season in Korea
Here are some tips to help you get through Korea's monsoon season.
Before heavy rains or possible flooding:
● Know where high ground is and have an escape route planned.
● Don’t park your vehicle near a stream or at the base of a hill.
● Have emergency supplies on hand, including canned goods. Fill bathtubs with clean water because floods could affect power and the public water system.
During a flood:
● Don’t try to cross a flooded roadway or stream by foot or vehicle, because you don’t know how deep the water is or the condition of the roadway underneath.
● If your vehicle stalls, abandon it and move to higher ground.
Source: 607th Weather Squadron