USAREUR announces winners of maintenance Excellence awards
HEIDELBERG, Germany — U.S. Army Europe announced the USAREUR-level winners and runners-up for the fiscal year 2002 Army Award for Maintenance Excellence competition.
The winners and runner-ups will represent USAREUR in the Armywide competition.
• Small MTOE Units — Winner: Headquarters and Headquarters Support Company, 1st Military Intelligence Battalion, 205th Military Intelligence Brigade, V Corps.
• Medium MTOE Units — Winner: 70th Transportation Company, 37th Transportation Command, 21st Theater Support Command. Runner-up: 12th Chemical Company, 1st Infantry Division, V Corps.
• Large MTOE Units — Winner: 1st Battalion, 6th Field Artillery Regiment, 1st ID. Runner-up: 1st Battalion, 1st Aviation Regiment, 4th Brigade, 1st ID.
• Small TDA Units — Winner: Maintenance Activity Vilseck, General Support Center Europe, 21st TSC.
• Medium TDA Units — Winner: Maintenance Activity Mannheim, General Support Center Europe, 21st TSC.
• Category Large TDA Units — Winner: Kaiserslautern Industrial Center, General Support Center Europe, 21st TSC. Runner-up: 6966th Truck Transportation Terminal, 37th Transportation Command, 21st TSC.
An inspection team from the U.S. Army Ordnance Center and School will conduct on-site evaluations of the finalists in February and March.