Yokota power outage emergency info
* For latest information on power outage, call DSN 225-2100, tune into Channel 20 or log onto www.yokota.af.mil.
* For immediate assistance, contact the 374th Civil Engineer Squadron control center at DSN 225-7310.
EMERGENCY FUNDS AND CLAIMS
* Yokota has an emergency fund for families who need financial assistance to buy food and other necessities as a result of the power outage. Contact the legal office at DSN 225-8069 for more information.
* Air Force personnel can make claims with base legal office for damaged property if they do not have renters’ insurance or if they do have insurance but their deductible is higher than the value of the damaged property. Claims made with the Air Force require the following:
- A copy of orders for assignment to Yokota Air Base
- Paperwork associated with base housing allocation
- A list of damaged items with photographs
* Military and civilian personnel assigned to Yokota but employed by the Army, Navy or Marines must file claims with those services. Yokota officials are still determining if claims can be made for ancillary costs such as spoiled food, dry cleaning and lodging for residents who lost power but were not forced to evacuate. Contact the legal office at DSN 225-8069 for more information.
* All displaced residents and those without power, including dependents, can eat at the base dining facilities at mealtimes though they must pay for their food.
* The east-side shoppette was still without power Wednesday but officials said generators to operate the gas pumps would likely be brought in Thursday if power was not restored.
* The Army and Air Force Exchange Service at Yokota expected to get more propane tanks in Thursday for residents cooking outside during the power outage.
* The base theater experience water damage with Monday’s heavy rains and will remain closed until further notice.
* Summer school on the east side has been cancelled until further notice.
* The natatorium on the east side remains open and will extend hours starting Thursday to help residents and their children beat the heat until the power is fixed.
* The building housing the mental health and dental clinics was shut Wednesday and some patients were being seen at the hospital. If power is not restored by Thursday, those with appointments can call the mental health clinic at DSN 22-3566 and the dental clinic 225-3670 for more information.
- Charlie Reed