Passport fees to increase July 13
GINOWAN, Okinawa – Fees for U.S. passports, immigrant visas and consular services will increase starting July 13, according to the State Department.
Among the increases:
• First-time passports for adults will cost $135, an increase of $35.
• Adult passport renewal fees will jump from $75 to $110.
• Passports for minors (ages 16 and younger) will cost $105, a $20 increase.
• The fee for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad will increase from $65 to $100.
• Other services, including notary and authentication services, will increase from about $30 to $50.
• New pages for filled passports will cost $82. They were previously free.
A full list of the new fees, including visa for noncitizens, can be viewed at www.travel.state.gov.
The revised fees are cover actual operating expenses for the department’s 301 overseas consular posts and 23 domestic passport agencies that provides such service, according to the State Department.
From staff reports