Month of the Military Child 2019
The STARS AND STRIPES "MONTH OF THE MILITARY CHILD 2019 PACIFIC" promotion (the "Promotion") is open only to students and members of Parent Teacher Organizations (PTOs) of the Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) schools in mainland Japan, Okinawa, Korea and Guam.
Employees (including news carriers) and/or family members of STARS AND STRIPES, as well as their affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to participate.
The entry period for the Promotion begins at midnight February 15 ends at 2359 JST April 30, 2019.
PTOs of DoDEA schools in mainland Japan, Okinawa, Guam and Korea are eligible. Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
How to enter:
1. Parents, teachers or students should submit each military child’s original stories, poems, drawings, or photos (collectively “the Work”) via email to email@example.com or online at militarychild.stripes.com to enter for a chance to receive a prize.
2. Include each child’s name, school name and your e-mail address in addition to any other information requested at time of submission. Only one Entry per child.
3. All Entries must be submitted by 2359 JST April 30, 2019.
4. Only complete entries submitted as described above will be accepted as eligible. Entries submitted by any other means and/or entries that do not comply with STARS AND STRIPES' rules will be ineligible for participation in the Promotion and may be discarded.
5. By entering this contest, the entrant warrants that the submitted Work is owned by the entrant or the entrant has permission from the owner to submit the Work, and further warrants that the Work does not infringe the rights of any third parties copyright or other rights. Entrants must have obtained all necessary releases from any persons or related to any subject matter appearing in each Work.
The entrant agrees that the submitted Work may be published in the community papers and/or their respective websites (Stripes Japan, Stripes Okinawa, Stripes Korea, and Stripes Guam)
Selection of prize recipient:
One (1) Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) will be selected as the prize recipient. STARS AND STRIPES PACIFIC will add up the number of entries from each school. The school that sends the highest percentage of submissions based on its total number of eligible students will receive the prize.
One (1) $250 Exchange gift card will be awarded. STARS AND STRIPES will pay all costs related to shipping of the prize to the address furnished by the prize recipient.
Prize recipient notification:
1. STARS AND STRIPES will notify DoDEA Pacific HQ of the PTO which is selected for a prize via e-mail or phone call on or about May 10, 2019.
2. The president of the PTO whose school is selected for a prize will be notified via e-mail or phone call on or about May 10, 2019 by DoDEA Pacific HQ.
3. The point of contact name and his or her e-mail or the phone number supplied by DoDEA Pacific HQ will be used for communication between the prize recipient and STARS AND STRIPES PACIFIC.
4. The prize recipient may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility in order to claim the prize. Additional verification may be required and will be identified in writing at the time of prize recipient notification. Failure to provide STARS AND STRIPES with the required verification within 7 days of the date the request is made will cause the prize to be forfeited and another recipient may be selected.
5. Personal information collected during the entry process will remain the property of STARS AND STRIPES and will not be released to third parties. All participants agree that STARS AND STRIPES may use the information submitted for the Promotion in promotional activities.
6. STARS AND STRIPES assumes no liability for unclaimed prizes and/or prizes that are returned to sender.
If applicable, STARS AND STRIPES may publish the name, rank, location and photo (U.S. military base/city/state) of the prize recipient, and any quotation that they are
willing to provide for use by STARS AND STRIPES. The prize recipient may be required to sign and return a release of liability, declaration of eligibility and, where lawful, a publicity consent agreement ("Required Agreements") at the time the recipient claims a prize. If a selected prize recipient cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, or fails to sign and return the Required Agreements, an alternate prize recipient will be selected at the sole discretion of STARS AND STRIPES.
General terms and conditions:
By entering, each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and decisions of STARS AND STRIPES, which shall be final. STARS AND STRIPES, along with their agents and representatives, affiliates, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for (1) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or unintelligible entries; (2) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (3) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions and/or electronic mail; (4) any condition caused by events beyond the control of STARS AND STRIPES that may cause Promotion entries to be disrupted or corrupted; (5) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize or acceptance, possession or use of the prize, or from participation in the Promotion; or (6) any human error or printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. The maximum liability for STARS AND STRIPES for any violation of its duties relating to this offer shall be the value of the prize the participant should have been awarded. STARS AND STRIPES reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the Promotion at any time. At its sole discretion STARS AND STRIPES may prohibit any person from participating in this Promotion or any future STARS AND STRIPES event or promotion if STARS AND STRIPES has reason to believe that person deliberately or repeatedly disregards the Promotion rules. In the event of any dispute regarding submission of an online entry, the Work will be deemed the property of the authorized account holder of the email address supplied at the time of entry. By participating in the Promotion, each participant agrees to release and hold harmless STARS AND STRIPES employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives of STARS AND STRIPES and their affiliates, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies and legal advisers from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Promotion or resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or issue of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage and claims based on publicity rights, copyright infringement, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be
resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the US District Court for the District of Columbia. By submitting your entry you hereby represent and warrant that you have read and understood the terms and conditions of these general terms and conditions.
Name of prize recipient:
For the name of the prize recipient, please send your request, postmarked no later than August 1, 2019, to:
STARS AND STRIPES PACIFIC
Attn: Engagement Dept.-Marketing
“MoMC 2019 Pacific Promotion / Prize Recipient Name”
APO, AP 96301