Reward offer for information about Maxwell Air Force Base intruder
By KIRSTEN FISCUS | The Montgomery Advertiser | Published: January 25, 2019
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (Tribune News Service) — CrimeStoppers is offering a $1,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest of a person who unlawfully gained access to Maxwell Air Force Base causing the installation to go on lockdown.
Kent Davis, director of communication and outreach, said airmen with the 42nd Security Forces Squadron responded to the football field on base about 12:30 a.m. Tuesday in response to suspicious activity. At the field, away from inhabited areas, airmen found the person and shots were fired, Davis said.
According to a news release from CrimeStoppers, the suspect fired the gun.
The airmen attempted to apprehend the person but were unable to before the person fled the area and the base, Davis said. Security forces placed the base on lockdown while they searched for the person, and ultimately lifted the warning about 3 a.m. after the base was deemed safe.
After the airmen determined that the person fled the base, Montgomery police were notified of the incident and are assisting, Davis said.
Montgomery Police Capt. Regina Duckett said Tuesday that officers assisted by checking the outside perimeter of Maxwell, though, nothing and no one had been located. Duckett said Maxwell is the lead agency regarding the incident.
If anyone has any information regarding the identity of this suspect, call the police or CrimeStoppers using the 24-hour tip line at 215-STOP (7867). Information can also be given through the web at www.215STOP.com.