Army medic is charged with setting up wife's murder

A photo of Catherine Walker.


By NELSON DARANCIANG | The Honolulu Star-Advertiser | Published: November 5, 2015

HONOLULU (Tribune News Service) — Authorities from the FBI and the Army Criminal Investigation Command arrested a 36-year-old Army medic after a grand jury indicted him Wednesday on charges he planned and assisted in his wife’s murder.

The indictment accuses Michael Walker with aiding, abetting and conspiring to commit first-degree murder in connection with his wife’s slaying last year in the couple’s quarters on Aliamanu Military Reservation.

According to the indictment, Ailsa Jackson, 24, was romantically involved with Walker and killed his wife with his assistance and planning.

The Army says the body of 38-year-old Catherine Walker was found in her family quarters on Morishige Lane on Nov. 15.

The Honolulu Medical Examiner said Walker died from stab wounds to her neck and torso.

At the time of the murder, Michael Walker was assigned to Tripler Army Medical Center. Jackson lived with her parents in the same Aliamanu Crater military housing complex as the Walkers.

A grand jury indicted Jackson for capital murder in April. She’s been in custody since then.

Federal prosecutors later informed the court that the government will not be seeking the death penalty for Jackson if she is found guilty. No such decision has been made for Walker.

Wednesday’s indictment details alleged conversations, email and phone text communications between Jackson and Walker.

Following a conversation in which Walker told Jackson that he wants his wife “gone,” Jackson sent a text message to Walker asking him “how serious you are about what we talked about.” Walker responded, “I’m dead serious,” according to the indictment.

In October 2014, Walker sent Jackson a text message that said, “I want you so bad!!!” and “If only someone was out of the way.”

According to the indictment, Jackson sent Walker an email on Nov. 3, 2014, in which she said, “I will not act until you need my help. Until your permission is given.” Walker responded, “I understand. I know we need to talk. And you have my permission. The sooner the better.”

Later exchanges suggest Walker directed Jackson on how to enter his quarters when he was away at work and provided her a key to the rear door. According to the indictment, Jackson entered the Walker’s quarters near midnight, between Nov. 14 and Nov. 15, grabbed a knife from the kitchen, went upstairs to the bedroom where Catherine Walker slept and stabbed her multiple times, killing her.

©2015 The Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Visit The Honolulu Star-Advertiser at www.staradvertiser.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.