Airman charged with killing guardsman, toddlers was previously ordered to stay away from them
By THOMAS TRACY | New York Daily News | Published: June 25, 2019
NEW YORK (Tribune News Service) — A Staten Island airman accused of murdering two toddlers and their mother was ordered to stay away from them by a judge earlier this year, it was revealed in court Tuesday.
Shane Walker is being held in the Saturday slayings of Air National Guardsman Alla Ausheva and their two children, 2-year-old Ivan and 3-year-old Elia.
Walker, 36, was remanded on murder and manslaughter charges in Richmond County Criminal court Tuesday.
He allegedly killed Ausheva and drowned his babies in a tub before setting a small fire in the home on Paradise St. in Arrochar on Saturday morning. All three bodies were left in a bedroom, where firefighters found them at 10:30 a.m., cops said.
Walker was spotted wandering the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway in Brooklyn two and a half hours after the crime was discovered, police said and told detectives, "I put the knife in the drawer," court papers said.
He was to Maimonides Hospital and later attacked two cops who tried to take him to court, authorities said.
The serviceman was told to keep away from "and refrain from assaulting" his two children and an order of protection was issued by a Staten Island Family Court judge after an abuse allegation was made several months ago, according to a criminal court complaint.
Walker and Ausheva were assigned to Fort Hamilton in Brooklyn, police sources said.
Ausheva, 36, made headlines in 2012 when she and 24 other military members were sworn in as U.S citizens at the White House.
The Russian-born woman moved to Queens in the summer of 2011 and joined the New York Army National Guard three months later, where she served as a maintenance technician.
© 2019 New York Daily News
Visit New York Daily News at www.nydailynews.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.
A Staten Island airman accused of murdering two toddlers and their mother, a fellow Air Force member, was ordered to stay away from them by a judge earlier this year, it was revealed in court Tuesday. People who knew the victims are pictured at the scene on Saturday, June 22.
THEODORE PARISIENNE/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS/TNS