ST. NEOTS — Cambridgeshire authorities are appealing for the public’s help in apprehending a suspect in an alleged assault.

Authorities say an unknown assailant punched a 37-year-old man in the face in an unprovoked attack outside of the Bull’s Head Pub on Cambridge Street on Aug. 1. The suspect fled the scene immediately after the assault.

The victim was treated and released from Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon, according to a Cambridgeshire Constabulary news release.

The offender is described as about 5 foot, 8 inches and around 19 years old. He was clad in pale jeans, a beige baseball cap and a sports jacket.

Anyone with information about the assault is urged to contact the Cambridgeshire Constabulary at 0845 456 4564.

Man allegedly conned elderly victimLOWESTOFT — Authorities in Suffolk are asking for the public’s help in apprehending a con man who allegedly stole several hundred pounds from an elderly British man.

The suspect used a problem with the water supply as a ruse to distract the victim, who was in his 80s, and asked the victim to perform several tasks to help him solve the problem, according to a Suffolk Constabulary news release.

The victim only realized he had been robbed after the suspect left to house, the release states.

The suspect is described as a white man in his mid 20s with a ruddy complexion. He has short brown hair and was wearing a grey workout outfit and blue gloves, according to the Suffolk Constabulary.

Anyone with information is urged to contact Detective Constable Mark Hedges at 01986 835 100.

Three men fined for New Year’s Eve bashThree East Anglian men must pay fines that top $2,000 in connection with a New Year’s Eve party at a vacant home in Norwich, authorities said.

The three men, identified as Matthew Fitton, 22, of Banham, Matthew J. Becker, 22, of Attleborough, and Richard Farmborough, 28, of Attleborough, were arrested Aug. 2 by officers from the Norfolk Constabulary.

Police allege that a number of officers were injured and property damaged during the event.

Each suspect faced one count of being involved with the organization of an unlicensed musical event, according to a Norfolk Constabulary news release.

All three men admitted their guilt and were sentenced to pay 1,150 pounds in fines, according to the Norfolk Constabulary.

Sign Up for Daily Headlines

Sign up to receive a daily email of today's top military news stories from Stars and Stripes and top news outlets from around the world.

Sign Up Now