Support our mission

Time is growing short for parents to register their children for the new school year before classes start Aug. 25 for Department of Defense Dependents Schools in the Pacific.

Parents must register each child at the school he or she will attend.

Registration forms can be downloaded from the Internet, but a parent must still visit the child’s school to complete the process.

Students who don’t receive the required immunizations will not be allowed to attend, officials said.

Two years ago, the Department of Defense Education Activity added three required inoculations for students: meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV4); tetanus and diphtheria toxoids and acellular pertussis vaccine (TDAP — adolescent preparation); and hepatitis A.

Those additional immunizations are age-specific and not all students will require the additional vaccines, officials said.

An updated immunization form is available at the DODEA Web site at

To ride a bus, a student will need an identification pass from his or her school’s transportation office.

Students must be enrolled, have a mug shot available and appear at the transportation office to receive a pass, officials said.

Parents should bring a copy of the student registration form to the transportation office.

If the family lives off-base, parents need to bring a copy of the lease agreement or a map.

To register for school, the following documents are required:

-Current orders/extension orders (for locally hired civilians, a current certificate of employment letter and notification of personal action form is needed).

-For dependent verification (if dependent’s name is not listed on the orders) one of the following must be submitted: dependent entry approval, dependent area clearance and command letter.

-Copy of passport or birth certificate to verify age for pre-kindergartners, kindergartners and first-graders.

-Social Security number.

-Residence address verification (housing letter or off-base lease).

-Local emergency contact person.

-Report cards and other academic records.

-Certificate of immunization (DODEA Form 2942.0-M-F1) signed by a medical authority at a base immunization clinic.

-Immunization/vaccination record.

For information on enrollment documentation and requirements, visit

For registration forms, go to

For updated version of the immunizations form visit

For assistance, parents should contact their local school office.

Back-to-school information

Japan bus info:

Yokota Student Transportation Office: 225-9793 or 225-4958

Yokosuka Student Transportation Office: 243-9564 or 225-9566

Misawa Student Transportation Office: 226-9119 or 226-9211

Zama Student Transportation Office: 263-4151

Sasebo Student Transportation Office: 252-3078

Iwakuni Student Transportation Office: 253-4706

Stripes in 7

around the web

Sign Up for Daily Headlines

Sign-up to receive a daily email of today’s top military news stories from Stars and Stripes and top news outlets from around the world.

Sign up