Support our mission

Servicemembers and Defense Department civilians with access to the Defense Finance and Accounting Service’s myPay Web site can get a head start on filing their 2007 taxes by going to for their W-2 form, as well as the 1099R for retirees and 1099-INT for annuitants.

DFAS is also mailing copies of the required Internal Revenue Service forms to everyone on the DOD payroll, but the online versions are ready earlier — about two weeks, depending on the speed of the postal service, according to the DFAS Web site.

W-2 forms for civilian DOD employees and Air Force, Army and Navy reservists are already available, as are the 1099R and 1099-INT forms.

W-2s for active-duty and Reserve Marine Corps members will be available beginning Jan. 7, followed by W-2s for Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF) civilian employees on Jan. 11.

Active-duty Air Force, Army and Navy members will have to wait until Jan. 22 for their W-2s to go online.

Stripes in 7

around the web

Sign Up for Daily Headlines

Sign-up to receive a daily email of today’s top military news stories from Stars and Stripes and top news outlets from around the world.

Sign up