No new information released on alleged sexual assault at Yokota
YOKOTA AIR BASE, Japan — Air Force crime investigators have released no new information on the investigation and search for a man suspected of sexually assaulting a woman on base two weeks ago, a Yokota spokesman said Thursday.
The alleged incident occurred early Feb. 4 in a Kanto Lodge annex building near the Yokota Officers Club and Outback restaurant.
The Air Force Office of Special Investigations, which is handling the case, had asked the community to help find the man last Friday, distributing a composite drawing and detailed description of him to media outlets.
Capt. David Westover, a 374th Airlift Wing spokesman, said Thursday that investigators hadn’t released any updates or renewed the previous push for public assistance.
In last week’s release, the alleged victim was described only as a “female adult.” Investigators provided no other details on the alleged assault.
It was unknown whether the alleged suspect is a civilian or in the military, Yokota officials said last week. The man is believed to be 18-22 years of age, biracial, 6 feet 3 inches tall and weighing 230-250 pounds with short brown hair, sideburns and a goatee.
He was last seen Feb. 3 at the Base Exchange and Yokota Enlisted Club, base officials said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact authorities at DSN 225-7910.