No breakthrough in Yokota house thefts
YOKOTA AIR BASE, Japan — Investigators have made no breakthroughs in the hunt for suspects involved in a string of home burglaries last month on Yokota’s east side, officials said Wednesday.
No incidents have been reported since six break-ins occurred during a week’s time in late October. Maj. Jonathan Kusy, the 374th Security Forces Squadron’s acting commander, said officials continue to get leads from the community and that they have a “short list of persons of interest who we are investigating.”
“My investigators have been hard at work since our task force stood up,” he said. “With the help of the Yokota community, we remain confident we’ll bring the person or persons to justice.”
All the thefts took place in garden units between midnight and sunrise as residents slept. In each case, entry was through unlocked doors. “From a crime-prevention standpoint, we always recommend locking your cars and house whenever you leave your residence and before going to bed,” he added.