Redstone Arsenal loosens pandemic restrictions, to allow more employees to return to work
By PAUL GATTIS | al.com | Published: March 4, 2021
Stars and Stripes is making stories on the coronavirus pandemic available free of charge. See more staff and wire stories here. Sign up for our daily coronavirus newsletter here. Please support our journalism with a subscription.
(Tribune News Service) — More employees at
The arsenal announced that the health protection condition had been lowered to “bravo” due to the continuing decrease in the number of COVID-19 cases as well as the ability to test and treat the virus.
Only about 25% of the more than 40,000 people who work daily at the arsenal have continued in-person work during the pandemic and officials have said more people reporting to work at
“Redstone Arsenal has taken a deliberate and measured approach to reopening installation services and ensuring proper health and safety measures are in place to facilitate the return of the workforce,” the announcement said. “Under HPCON Bravo, the installation is postured to accommodate a larger percentage of the workforce processing through our gates as tenant commanders determine their organizations’ workforce requirements.”
The announcement said employees should stay in contact with their direct supervisory chain or organizational leadership regarding their individual work status on the base.