Army general officer assignments announced
By STARS AND STRIPES Published: May 1, 2009
Gen. George W. Casey Jr., Army chief of staff, announced new assignments for several general officers Wednesday, including six involving assignments in Europe and the Middle East. They are:
- Maj. Gen. John A. Macdonald, former commander, Family, Morale, Welfare and Recreation Command and deputy commander, Installation Management Command, Arlington, Va., to deputy commander, U.S. Forces-Afghanistan.
- Brig. Gen. Anne F. Macdonald, former chief of staff, U.S. Army Reserve Command, Fort McPherson, Ga., to assistant commander for Afghan National Police Development, Combined Security Transition Command-Afghanistan.
- Brig. Gen. Kenneth E. Tovo, deputy commander, Special Operations Command Europe, U.S. European Command, Germany, to assistant division commander, 1st Armored Division, U.S. Army Europe and 7th Army, Germany.
- Brig. Gen. Patrick M. Higgins, commander, Special Operations Command Africa, U.S. Africa Command, Germany, to director, special operations directorate-Iraq, Multi-National Force-Iraq, Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraq.
- Brig. Gen. Kevin W. Mangum, senior commander, Fort Drum, N.Y., to commander, Iraq National Counter-Terror Force Transition Team, Multi-National Security Transition Command-Iraq.
- Brig. Gen. John R. McMahon, former commander, U.S. Army Engineer Division, South Pacific, San Francisco, to director, J-7, engineering, U.S. Forces-Afghanistan, Operation Enduring Freedom, Afghanistan.