A report released Tuesday faulted Special Operations Forces leadership at a small outpost near Kandahar, Afghanistan, for missing signs of potential violence in Army Staff Sgt. Robert Bales before his March 2012 massacre that left 16 civilians dead.
The Defense Department is again denying a Freedom of Information Act request from The News Tribune seeking the release of an investigation into commanders who oversaw Staff Sgt. Robert Bales before he snapped and killed 16 Afghan civilians in March 2012.
The soldier who committed the worst atrocities of the Afghanistan War acknowledged while asking for a reduced sentence last year that he had lost compassion for Iraqis and Afghans over the course of his four combat deployments.
A Florida congressman says the Veterans Administration cut off the benefits of more 4,200 people nationwide after they were wrongly declared dead. Rep. David Jolly says these people were "very much alive" and their benefits were resumed after the VA looked into their cases.
A midnight curfew and other restrictions took effect Friday for all servicemembers on Okinawa after Americans were arrested in the death of one woman and the rape of another on an island with a history of public outrage over crimes by members of the U.S. community.
The Senate Armed Services Committee, as part of a more aggressive campaign to hold down military compensation costs, is calling for “substantial reform” of the $21 billion Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) program.