Halloween celebrations planned on Pacific bases
Stars and Stripes
The annual time for ghosts, goblins and of course, candy, is upon us. The following are planned Halloween events and activities for U.S. military bases around the Pacific. Some activities have been changed or canceled; changes are bolded.
Yokota Air Base
Trick-or-treating will be held 6-8 p.m Sunday. SOFA members may escort up to five visitors. All visitors over the age of 16 must bring a photo ID. Entry to the base will be allowed only through the Fussa and East gates.
Yokota residents not wanting to participate in trick-or-treat activities are advised to turn off their porch lights on Halloween.
* Yokota’s Airmen’s Center is hosting the Airmen’s Halloween Party at 8 p.m. Saturday.
* The Yokota Officer’s Club is hosting a Halloween party from 5-7 p.m. Friday. Admission is $10 and free for club members.
* The Yokota Enlisted Club is hosting the Halloween Monster Bash at 8 p.m. Saturday. Admission is $10 and free for club members.
Camp Zama/Sagamihara Housing Area/Sagami Depot
* The Camp Zama Community Club is hosting its Halloween Night party at 7 p.m. Saturday in the Firelite Lounge.
* Due to inclement weather, outdoor trick-or-treating at Camp Zama has been canceled. Trick-or-treaters and those wishing to pass out candy can do so at the Camp Zama Community Club from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday.
Misawa Air Base
Trick-or-treating will be held 5-8 p.m. Sunday. To escort an off-base guest, a sponsor must submit a request to 35th Security Forces Squadron in Bldg. 648. Sponsors must be at least 18 years old and can escort up to 10 guests.
Visitors must show either a valid photo ID or passport.
For more information, call DSN 226-2239.
Yokosuka Naval Base
Trick-or-treating will be 4:30-8 p.m. Sunday in the housing area. SOFA sponsors must pick up and submit a guest list from to the Industrial Security Office, which will screen the guest list and return the approved form to the sponsor.
Each sponsor may escort up to 10 guests. A gate pass, request form and guest’s ID with picture must be presented to the gate guard. For more information, call DSN 243-5330 or 243-5125.
* The Halloween Monster Bash will be held 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Friday at the Club Takemiya lounge.
* The Negishi All Hands Club will be hosting a costume party from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Saturday.
For more information on visitor access contact ISO at DSN 243-5330 or 243-5125.
Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni
Trick-or-treating will take place 5-7 p.m. Sunday. SOFA-sponsored residents can invite up to 10 Japanese citizens. Visitors must show a valid photo ID or passport to get on base. Guests must be met at the main gate.
* The Marine Lounge will be showing scary movies as part of Night of Fright, beginning at 6 p.m. Sunday.
* The Landing Zone Lounge is hosting an E-5 and below Halloween party at 7 p.m. Saturday.
Sasebo Naval Base
Trick-or-treating will take place from 5-8 p.m. Sunday. at Hario and main base housing areas. All SOFA-sponsored residents are permitted to invite up to 10 guests. Visitors must present a valid photo ID or passport at the main gate.
* The MWR haunted house will be open 6-9 p.m. Saturday at the Hario Fitness Center.
Naval Air Facility Atsugi
Trick-or-treating will take place 4-8 p.m. Sunday. Trick-or-treating is authorized only in housing areas and is off limits in the Bachelor Enlisted Quarters. A trick-or-treat tent will also be located in the parking lot across from Building 1290. Residents choosing to hand out candy are encouraged to leave their house light on.
SOFA-sponsored residents can invite up to four adults who can each bring a maximum of three children. All visitors must stay with their sponsors while they are on base. A visitor request form must be filled out and turned into Pass and ID by Oct. 23 in order to bring your guest onto the base.
* A Halloween party will be held at 6 p.m. Sunday at the Single Sailor Lounge, and will include free food and drinks.
* Due to storm conditions, the MWR Haunted House scheduled for Saturday has been canceled. The Halloween carnival, Haunted Fun Walk and costume contest are unaffected but are subject to cancellation if hazardous conditions persist.
Trick-or-treating will take place 6-9 p.m. Sunday for SOFA personnel and their guests.
* Fright Night (including haunted house) near Gunners Gym, is open Friday and Saturday from 6-10 p.m.
Trick-or-treating will held 6-9 p.m. Sunday for SOFA personnel and their guests.
The Palms is having a party with a “Thriller” dance contest at 9 p.m. Saturday.
Trick-or-treating will take place 6-8 p.m. Sunday for SOFA personnel only.
* Tengan Castle Halloween Family Night takes place Thursday from 5-9 p.m. and includes a costume contest.
* Legends Officers’ Club is hosting a party Friday from 4:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
* The SNCO Lounge is having a party and costume contest from 8 p.m. to midnight Friday.
Trick-or-treating takes place Saturday from 6 to 9 p.m.
* The Surfside Halloween Family Night takes place 5-9 p.m. Thursday with games and a costume contest.
* Thirsty’s will be having a party with prizes for best costumes Saturday from 9 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.
Trick-or-treating takes place 6-9 p.m. Sunday for SOFA personnel and their guests.
Trick-or-treating takes place 6-8 p.m. Sunday for SOFA personnel and invited guests from the 3rd-grade classes of Agena and Kawaski Elementary Schools.
Kadena Air Base
Trick-or-treating will be held 6-8 p.m. Saturday in base housing areas. Local community is invited but must be signed in by a SOFA sponsor. Gates 1 and 2 will be open to issue visitor passes. Children must wear reflective clothing and carry flashlights.
* Emery Lanes’ Halloween Cosmic Bowling will be held Saturday from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. and includes discounts for costume-wearers and prizes awarded to the best dressed.
* Banyan Tree Club’s Legends of Scream Halloween Party will be held at 10 p.m. Saturday.
* Kadena Officers’ Club Halloween Party kicks off at 10 p.m. Saturday in the Weekender Lounge and includes a costume contest.
* The Rockers NCO Super Ladies Night Halloween Party takes place at 10 p.m. Saturday and includes a costume contest.
* The Chibana Golf Course’s Night-Light Scramble takes place Saturday with a check-in time of 5:30 p.m. and a shotgun start at 6:30 p.m. A costume contest will be held.
Okuma’s Halloween Village
Okuma is hosting their 7th Annual Halloween Village, Saturday from 4-10 p.m., which includes trick-or-treating in their haunted village.
Mihama American Village
A costume contest will be held Sunday near the Ferris Wheel. Contestants can register from 2-5 p.m. Judging will take place from 5-7 p.m. with an awards ceremony at 7 p.m. Registration is free and open to the public.
Trick-or-treating will be held from 5-7 p.m. Sunday. All visitors must be invited guests of SOFA personnel and must be escorted at all times. Humphreys residents not wanting to participate in trick-or-treat activities should turn off their porch lights.
* Humphreys Strike Zone is hosting a Spooky Hallow event Friday at 5:30 p.m.
Camp Walker/Camp George
Trick-or-treating will be held from 6-8 p.m. Saturday. SOFA personnel may sponsor six visitors each and must escort them at all times. Residents not wanting to participate are advised to turn off their porch lights on Saturday.
Camp Red Cloud
* Better Opportunities for Single and Unaccompanied Soldiers is hosting an Escape to Spooky Hollow Haunted Barracks event from Thursday to Saturday starting at 6 p.m. at Camp Mobile, Bldg. 2666. Kids 14 and under will receive free trick-or-treat goody bags. Admission is free and is open to U.S. and Korean ID card holders and family members.
* USAG-Casey Carey Fitness Center is hosting a Halloween Aerobathon at 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Camp Mobile, Bldg. 2666.
* Better Opportunities for Single and Unaccompanied Soldiers is hosting a Halloween party at the USAG-Casey Gateway Club beginning at 6 p.m. Saturday.
Hannam Village/Yongsan on-post housing
Trick-or-treating will be held from 6-8:30 p.m. Saturday. SOFA personnel may sponsor six visitors each and must escort them at all times. Residents not wanting to participate in trick-or-treat activities are advised to turn-off their porch lights on Saturday.
Osan Air Base
* The Osan Trick-or-Treat Bash is Thursday at 3:30 p.m. in buildings 916, 936, 937 and 938. To register or for more information, call DSN 784-9155.
Kunsan Air Base
* The E-Lounge will be hosting a Halloween party Saturday from 10 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. and includes prizes for best costume and best wolf howl. Admission is free and open to U.S. and Korean ID card holders and family members.