Tax Central

'Why do I ALWAYS put off my taxes?': Dawdlers can blame their DNA

If you’re bustling to beat the April 15 tax deadline –- as you did last year, and the year before that –- take solace in the notion that your annual, 11th-hour, coffee-binging paper chase isn’t necessarily a character flaw but an inherited trait, a new study claims.

Nine easy tips to help take the stress out of doing your taxes

A little knowledge and preparation can go a long way toward overcoming anxiety about the April 15 deadline for filing 2013 taxes. Understanding what’s required, being aware of common mistakes, and knowing how to get help if you need it are powerful antidotes to a case of “tax day” jitters.

The end is near – for filing income taxes

With just a few days left to the official end of income tax filing, some will not be able to meet the deadline of April 15. There may have been illness, family problems, extended travel, moving, etc., during the first months of the year, and you did not have time to properly gather information and file.

Military OneSource: Filing your taxes without the headache

Military OneSource provides free access to the H&R Block At Home® Basic online tax filing service. The service allows you to complete and electronically file your federal and up to three state tax returns or filings.


Tax forms and publications

Form 1040

Form 1040a

Form 1040ez

Guides and information

2013 Armed Forces' Tax Guide
2013 Your Federal Income Tax (For Individuals)
U.S. Government Civilian Employees Stationed Abroad
Tax Guide for U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad
Your Rights As A Taxpayer
Your Appeal Rights and How to Prepare a Protest if you Don't Agree
IRS Tax Map: A useful, subject-oriented database for taxpayers
Free File: Do Your Federal Taxes for Free (if eligible)



More tax resources


News and Advice