Military OneSource/H&R Block at Home® Free Tax Filing Service
Military OneSource is once again offering a free, electronic tax filing service. If you are eligible under the Military OneSource program, you can complete, save, and file your 2011 federal and up to three state returns online free with the H&R Block At Home® tool.
To access this free version of H&R Block At Home®, you must start your return from the Military OneSource H&R Block At Home® link. Once you click the link you will be required to log in to Military OneSource. From the login page you will be directed to a site containing additional information on tax preparation, including the link to the Military OneSource free H&R Block At Home® service.
This is the same program you may have used before. If you created an H&R Block at Home® account last year, your login credentials for that account will still work and you will be able to access last year’s personal tax information.
If you have questions about this tax service or about your own tax returns, please call 1-800-342-9647 and ask to speak with a Military OneSource tax consultant. Trained tax consultants are available 7 days a week from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., EST. For online assistance with questions about deductions, exemptions and filing deadlines, send inquiries to TaxQuestions@militaryonesource.com. For technical assistance with the H&R Block At Home® software, please call 1-800-HRBLOCK (472-5625) and follow the prompts for H&R Block At Home®.
This service is offered to those who are eligible for the Military OneSource Program:
- All Active-duty service members of the U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Navy, and U.S. Air Force.
- National Guard and members of the Reserve (regardless of activation status), includes members of the Coast Guard Reserve activated as part of the Department of the Navy under Title 10 authority.
- Spouses and dependent children of the services noted above, and who are authorized in DEERS.
- A family member who is taking care of the affairs of a service member (in one of the services noted above) when the service member is deployed.
- A severely injured service member of one of the services noted above, or a designated family member of a severely injured member who is incapable of handling his or her own affairs. Medically retired individuals are eligible until 180 days past their End of Tour of Service, retirement date, or discharge date.
NOTE: Except as detailed above, United States Coast Guard personnel, spouses and dependent children are not eligible for this service.