Scouts from four Major League Baseball teams will visit with 17 Kanto Plain high school baseball players at 11 a.m. Sunday during Nile C. Kinnick High School’s Pro Scout Day at Yokosuka Naval Base’s Berkey Field, organizers announced via e-mail on Tuesday.
The event was put together by former Japan and U.S. pro baseball players Keichi Yabu, who played for San Francisco and Oakland in MLB and Japan’s Central League Hanshin Tigers, according to Ray Denny, a Yokosuka civilian who helped set up the event.
The event begins with a clinic from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., followed by a shortened game. Scouts expected on Sunday are San Francisco Giants’ Jeff Kusumoto and the team’s director of scouting, John Cox; David Kim and Koji Takahashi of the Minnesota Twins; Manabu Kuramochi of the Kansas City Royals; and Cleveland Indians’ Clinton Matsuzawa.
Kanto players expected to attend are:
- Zama American: Keiyl Sasano, Jaron Brown, Keanu Cruz.
- St. Mary’s: Luke Shinoda, Toshiki Aburaki, Kyotaro Terai, Kaimi Miyazawa.
- Yokota: Leo Austin, Clay Brownell, Marcus Henagan, Jacob Mansberger.
- American School In Japan: Kern Singh.
- Kinnick: Daniel Ross, Dion Williams, Chris Deibel, Bradley Burt, Ethan Olson.
For information, phone DSN 243-7978 or e-mail Raymond.email@example.com.